Academic Appeal & Requirements
CSD Academic Requirements
The Baylor Undergraduate Catalog states the following requirements in order to be eligible to continue as a CSD major:
- Complete and earn a “B” or better in the following courses: CSD 1308 Survey of Speech Pathology and Audiology, CSD 2318 Language Development, CSD 2351 Introduction to Phonological Science, and CSD 3357 Anatomy and Physiology.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA average in the CSD courses is required for retention in major.
CSD Academic Appeal Policy and Procedures
- According to the Baylor Catalog, students who believe they have individual circumstances warranting an exception to these grade minimums and failure policies may appeal to the Undergraduate Program Director.
- A student who wishes to appeal must fill out this form and submit the appeal to the CSD Department during the time-frame specified at the bottom of your notification letter. The appeal will be reviewed by the CSD Undergraduate Program Director and/or Appeals Committee and you will be notified of the result by email.
- A student who earns a D or F in a CSD course may repeat the course. However, a student earning a second D or F in the same course, or in a subsequent CSD course, will not be eligible to continue in the CSD major.