Baylor Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic
The Baylor Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic is a community based clinic that has been in place for over 60 years.
The clinical faculty and staff are dedicated to providing both the highest quality care for our clients and “hands-on” training for our graduate clinicians. Our graduate students have been afforded opportunities to work with a variety of populations, which makes our students' training uncommon and exceptional, thus enhancing treatment for our clients.
This facility provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment for patients of all ages with difficulties such as disorders or delays in language or literacy (both verbal and written), speech sounds, voice, swallowing or feeding, social, augmentative, or alternative communication, and hearing.
The Baylor Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic is a professional clinical division of the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders in the Robbins College of Health and Human Sciences. All clinical faculty members are certified by American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and are licensed by the State of Texas.
What We Treat:
- Fluency Disorders
- Language and Literacy Disorders
- Speech Sound Disorders
- Hearing Disorders
- Swallowing and Feeding disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication Disorders
- Cognitive Disorders
- Social Disorders
Every individual who desires services from our facility must be evaluated first. Diagnostic evaluations are conducted on a weekly basis during the fall and spring semesters. The purpose of the evaluation is to:
- Determine the problem
- Assess communicative competence in all parameters
- Determine prognosis
- Determine recommendations
To schedule an evaluation, please call Shannon Kolls, Clinic Manager, at 254-710-2568.
New patients will need to print, complete, and mail (One Bear Place #97332 | Waco, Texas 76798-7332) or bring the following forms as directed by the Clinic Manager to the diagnostic evaluation:
- Speech-Language Case History Form (Adult) OR Speech-Language Case History Form (Pediatric)
- Audiology Case History Form (Adult) OR Audiology Case History Form (Pediatric)
- Speech-Language Re-Evaluation Case History Form (Pediatric)
- Supplemental Adult Case History Form - Aphasia
- Notice of Privacy Practices AND Notice of Privacy Practices Acknowledgement Form
- HIPAA Consent - Voluntary Communication Form
- Telehealth Services Consent Addendum
- Child Release Permission Form
- Adult Release Permission Form
- Attendance Policy Form
Location & Contact Information
The Baylor Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic is located on the first floor of the Cashion Academic Center, 1401 S. 4th Street, Waco, Texas, at the corner of 4th Street and Speight Avenue.
Mailing Address: One Bear Place #97332 | Waco, Texas 76798
|Associate Clinical Director;
Neurorehab Clinic Coordinator
|Audiology Clinic Coordinator
|Language and Literacy Clinic
|Language and Articulation Preschool
|Mary Jo Robbins Clinic for Autism
Research and Practice Coordinator
*Every individual who desires services from our facility must be evaluated first. To schedule an evaluation, please call Shannon Kolls, Clinic Manager, at 254-710-2568.