PhD in Communication Sciences and Disorders
The PhD program in Baylor's Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders centers on God and our faith mission as scientists, clinical scientists, and educators.
Our aim is to mentor servant leaders in research and education in Communication Sciences and Disorders and to create an inter-professional and inter-disciplinary environment for learning, promoting evidence-based practice, and innovative clinical and research endeavors.
- Has a rigorous curriculum, and yet is flexible enough that it can be individualized for each student
- Fosters collaboration amongst professionals to seek solutions for the whole person and family of those with communication disorders
- Offers excellent research and teaching experiences throughout a student’s program
- Offers competitive assistantships (annual tuition remission and stipend ($22,500)
- Child Language and Literacy Disorders
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication
- Adult Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
- Hearing Loss
- Autism Spectrum Disorders